The Department of Health recommends annual flu vaccinations for the following patients:
- • All patients aged 65 years and over or will be 65 before 31st March 2019
- • Patients aged 6 months to 64 years in clinical risk groups e.g. patients with diabetes, asthma, impaired immunity, high BMI etc.
- • Pregnant Women
- • All children aged 2 to 9 on 31st August 2018
- • Those in long-stay residential care homes
- • Carers
- Patients with Severe obesity BMI>40
- Health and Social Care Staff
If you are over 65 or have a long-term medical condition which qualifies you to have a flu injection you will receive a letter with details of our flu clinics held in the Autumn.
This year patients over age 65 will receive a different Flu injection to those patients under 65. We do have stocks of this vaccine in now so if you are over 65 and wish to make an appointment to have this vaccine please do so.
This is a very busy time of year for us and we would appreciate it if you could attend the designated flu clinics whenever possible. We do have to order flu injections a year ahead so hope that patients will use our clinics to receive a flu injection.
We realise that it is possible to get flu injections elsewhere but if you do so we may have unused stock at the end of the year. We also need to keep accurate records of who has had a flu injection so having it at our own flu clinics allows us to do this easily.
|Location||Date||Start Time||Finish Time|
|Riversdale Surgery, Wylam|
|Oaklands Medical Centre, Prudhoe|
Please can all Children under 16 make an appointment with Nurse Sykes