NHS Medical Services Provided at Riversdale.
We provide a full and comprehensive range of NHS General Medical Services at Riversdale.
Chronic Disease Management
We offer structured care and regular review of many Chronic Medical Conditions such as
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- COPD (Chronic Lung Disease)
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (Heart problems)
- Heart Failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Underactive Thyroid Problems
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Mental Health
We have a comprehensive Call and Recall Service to help us manage to care of these long term conditions and achieve high scores in the National Quality and Outcome framework used to monitor our care of these conditions.
Preventative Care, Lifestyle Advice and General Health Assessments
Our Practice Nurse and Health Care Assistant provide help and advice on General Health Related Problems such as
- Obesity and Weight Management
- Well Man and Well Women "NHS Health Check". We offer these Cardiovasular Risk Assessments for patients aged between 40 and 74.
- New Patient Assessments including assessment and advice on safe levels of alcohol intake.
- Travel Advice and Immunisations
- Family Planning Advice
- Flu Injections
- Pneumococcal Injections
- Shingles injections for eligible age groups
- Over 75 Health Checks
Maternity and Child Health Services
We also provide the following additional services for all of our patients at our Oaklands Medical Centre Premises.
- Midwife Lead Booking, Ante Natal and Post Natal Care during Pregnancy.
- Child Health Developmental checks at Well Baby Clinics run jointly with our Health Visitor.
- Routine Child Immunisation led by our Practice Nurse.
Riversdale Community Nurse Team Services
Our Community Nurse Based services are based at Oaklands Medical Centre where the nursing team have regular bookable clinic sessions for those able to travel. It is preferable that you try and attend these clinic sessions if at all possible to make more efficient use of valuable Nurse time.
Home visits by our Community Nurses are only for those who are truly housebound.
Please ring to arrange an appointment for these clinics on 01661 831439
- Post Operative Wound Care and Wound Assessments
- Palliative Care (Care at Home for those with Terminal Conditions)
- Continence Assessments
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Venous Assessments and Care of Venous Ulcers
- Long Term Care of Chronic Medical Conditions in Housebound Patients
- Administer Routine Injections such as B12 and Drugs needed in Prostate Cancer Treatment
Registered GP Patients Under 75
From April 2015 we are obliged to ensure that you are registered with a named GP. If you wish to know who your named GP is please ask at reception. We would like to reassure you that this in no way affects your ability to see any GP in the practice as you have always done.
Additional NHS Services in the Practice
- Podiatry Service (Oaklands Medical Centre, Prudhoe)
- Dietician Service
Please Call in or ring to arrange to be seen for any of these services.
Private Non NHS Services
We are able to offer the following Non NHS services on a private basis for which a Fee is Charged
- HGV Medicals
- PSV Medicals
- Taxi Medicals
- Insurance Medicals
- Employment Medicals and reports to Employers.
- Travel and Occupational Immunisations
- Paternity Testing
- Reports to support Blue Badge Applications
- Reports to support Shotgun License Applications
- Reports to support appeals for Housing and DWP Benefits